The following is an in depth list of must have products when on Isotretinoin.
While you are on Accutane it is important to use a cleanser that is fragrance-free and soap free so that the cleanser does not irritate your skin. It is also very important to get a cleanser that is meant for dry to normal skin, because Accutane dries your skin out significantly. The product that i have recommended below is exactly that but comes at a relatively low price and is highly recommended by dermatologists.
Again like the cleanser it is very important to find a moisturizer that does not irritate your skin or block your pores. But maintains and regenerates skin barriers while still containing ceramides that help restore and maintain your skin while providing hydration.
Below i have recommended a product that i have used for over three years and is the #1 dermatologist recommended moisturizer.
3. Lip Balm
When you are on Accutane it is vital to always have lip balm in your pocket throughout the day, otherwise your lips will most likely bleed and crack. So when looking for lip balm you will want something that seals in moisture and helps prevent dryness.
The product that i have listed below is the #1 dermatologist recommended lip balm.
When on Accutane your skin becomes extremely sensitive to the sunlight, so much so that if you spend more than an hour in the sun it could result in severe rashes and peeling skin. The product i have recommended below has the following benefits:
- Designed for sensitive skin.
- Fragrance-free (causes irritation and inflammation)
- Paraben-free (disrupt hormone functions resulting in irritated skin).
- Non-comedogenic ( comedogenic oils clog pores, causing the creation of comedones; whereas non-comedogenic oils have anti-inflammatory benefits).
- Water resistant
5. Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 is a supplement that can be very useful to Accutane users for the following reasons:
- Bone health
- Manages blood sugar levels
- Improves heart health
- Lifts mood substantially
6. Collegian Peptides
This is a key ingredient to reducing the side effects on your body, for example:
- Helps maintain skin, hair and nails.
- Helps in build and strengthen bones.
- Excellent source of natural protein.
- Helps scares heal.
7. Fish Oil
Fish oil is another essential to fighting acne. It has many health benefits, to name a few:
- Helps in reducing skin sensitivity to UV induced sunburns.
- Helps improve skin hydration.
- Helps improve skin elasticity and firmness
- Helps improve skin inflammation
- Provides antioxidants for skin health.
Thanks for reading! Please like, comment and follow for more content.